This week the American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution marks their fifteenth anniversary Annual Spring Conference in Chicago, IL. This conference is the largest dispute resolution conference in the country and the meeting place for dispute resolution leaders, mediators, arbitrators, attorney advocates, and scholars.
I am looking forward to seeing old friends and listening in on keynote presenters, former Senator George J. Mitchell and United States Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals Judge, Richard A. Posner.
I’ll also be attending workshop sessions on cutting-edge developments in the field of Conflict Resolution. Below are some of the sessions I am looking forward to:
- Nonverbal Communication & Mediators: Practical Tips Based on Research
- How to Share a Mediator’s Powers: The Advocate’s Perspective
- Mediating Positional Bargaining in Insured Claims and Other Claims for Money
- Getting to the Heart of the Matter: Distinguishing Mediation from Settlement Conferences
- Can Neuroscience Help Mediators? Neural and Hormonal Events during Conflict
For all of my fellow dispute resolution professionals, I hope to see you soon!